Tuesday 31 January 2012

"You're a nurse? That's cool. How much do you make?"

Somebody asked:

"You're a nurse? That's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. How much do you make?"

The nurse replied: "HOW MUCH DO I MAKE?" ...

I can make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared. ...
I can make your child breathe when they stop. ...
I can help your father survive a heart attack. ...
I can make myself get up at 5 a.m. to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live. ...
I work all day to save the lives of strangers. ...
I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken care of. ...
I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your wife today is charted. ...
I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday thru Friday. ...
Today, I might save your life. ...

How much do I make? All I know is, I make a difference.

Re-post not only if you are a nurse or you love a nurse, but most importantly, re-post this if you respect their work.


My source: Stu Young, Royal College of Nursing Students

No comments:

Post a Comment